9/24/16 Woodruff Group Ride

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

9/24/16 Woodruff Group Ride

Postby Tawmass » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:13 pm

My neighbor Neal had set up a ride with his friend's church group up at Woodruff Meadows OHV Staging Area. I hadn't been on my dirtbike in awhile (had spent the previous two weeks on my dualsport bike), so was happy to help out and volunteered to help sweep the advanced group that Neal was leading.

We got there and many people of all facets had arrived. We donned our gear and had a rider's meeting with the typical verbage, mainly being responsible for the rider behind you. It had rained a couple days prior, so I was glad to see there was almost no dust!

<---- Best watched in full screen, HD mode

After about 16 miles in, I noticed my front wheel was wallowing uncontrollably. No problem, as I can change tires in the blink of an eye. I pulled over and looked through my backpack: tire irons, spare tube, but no CO2 cartridges? Argh! I had just returned from a week ride in northern Nevada and had foam inserts in my dualsport bike, so removed the CO2 cartridges from my backpack and I forgot to throw them back in the pack. Such is life, so I limped back to Neal's van awaiting their return.

All in all a great day -- just got cut short!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 9/24/16 Woodruff Group Ride

Postby Tawmass » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:37 am

Update: Clearly I hit a VERY sharp/jagged rock, as it completely ruined my tire.
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”