1/31/17 KTM Break-In Ride

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

1/31/17 KTM Break-In Ride

Postby Tawmass » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

It's been almost two months since I've been on a dirtbike, mostly due to a recent ordeal with the hospital. But during that time, a new KTM 300XC-W Six-Day Edition has been staring at me in the garage (thanks to Fun Country Powersports in The Dalles!). My pal Tiny Knight called me up early and wanted to head out, since he had a new top end in his Husaberg and he swore that the snow had melted up in a particular riding area. The sun started to show, so I bit on his hook. I loaded up Scout and the KTM and we went to pick up Tiny.

At the staging area it was nice, albeit overcast. I leashed up Scout, we fired up our steeds and took off on an easy break-in ride. We only got about 20 miles in due to much snow still on the northern areas, but it was a good day to get out and break in the new 300 mill. And what about the 300?

* It's jetted way too fat in the mid range
* The suspenders felt great thanks to Steahly Off Road and NV2 Suspension!
* The motor is SMOOTH thanks to the new counter balancer!
* The electric starter works like it should, as opposed to the previous starters.
* It sure seems to handle rather nicely!
* Typical KTM seat - hard!
* I still need to install things, like real hand guards.

Methinks it will work out nicely. Anyone interested in my 2012 300?
-Tom

<--- If you have streaming issues, simply click on the 'Vimeo' logo for better viewing
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

E-Ticket
WFO
WFO

Re: 1/31/17 KTM Break-In Ride

Postby E-Ticket » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:13 am

Good to see you on the trails again, Tawm. :D
"AYHIN"

Mine: '12 KTM 350 EXC-F ("Wee Beasty"); '99 Honda VFR 800i Interceptor
(AMA Member)
Wife: '22 Kawasaki KLX 140R F; '04 Honda CBR600 F4i (AMA Member)

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 am

Felt good to be back!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Good to ride along with you on the vimeo as I have not been out much since October 1st (constant rain over here). You were in the hospital? So how DID that brain transplant go anyway? The New KTM does sound a little fat in the middle, and somebody need to keep those face slappers whacked back, even if you have to use your nose... OUCH! I did manage to get my suspension rejuvenated in November but I can't tell you how it works, because she has been a garage queen ever since.

Frankd020
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Frankd020 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 am

E-Ticket wrote:Good to see you on the comparateur assurance chat trails again, Tawm. :D

I have ridden this trail many a time forwards and backwards, so I recognize many of the views.

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”