12/3/17 Seattle Trip: Riding TSF And China Hat

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

12/3/17 Seattle Trip: Riding TSF And China Hat

Postby Tawmass » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:06 am

12/3/17: Riding In Tillamook State Forest

I spent most of the day at the annual OMRA Calendar Meeting in Albany. From there we headed to Hillsboro to stay with Donna's Sister.

With a surprise visit, I showed up to ride Tillamook Forest with the old gang. We took off from Lyda Camp under questionable skies. I was blown away that Morrell's Maze Trail is no longer due to the recent logging (2nd pic down). Archer's Trails were the usual, worn-out routes, but Benny Hill and Payne Trail provided some welcome change. After the ride, some warm drinks at Coleman's fit the bill.

<----Click the Vimeo logo if you are having streaming issues
================================================================================================

Up To Seattle, Then Back To Bend

On the way to Renton to visit my Uncle Marty and Aunt Penny, we stopped and had lunch with Dave & Kathy Hiatt. That evening we had dinner with my Uncle/Aunt and their friends.

After a couple days, we went to Bend to stay with Donna's friends. We stopped by Giant Loop in Bend to visit with Harold Olaf Cecil. Then found a popular local haunt called 'Spoken Moto', where they make custom bikes and serve food/beer - good times!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 12/3/17 Seattle Trip: Riding TSF And China Hat

Postby Tawmass » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:17 am

12/8/17: Riding China Hat

After meeting up with Scott and Kerry at Scott's Sister's house (in Sisters) and having a great dinneer, we awoke to extremely cold temps in Sisters - in the teens in fact.

We headed to China Hat and it actually warmed up! Not sure why, but the temps were so good that we didn't wear a coat, just a jersey. The day's ride was good, we swapped bikes, Scott scared the Hell out of Kerry and I (per the video) and we even did a bit of spelunking! What a great day, no break downs, no injuries and nothing but good times!
-Tom

<---Click the Vimeo logo if you are having streaming issues
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”