2/4/18 Superbowl Ride at Bohall's With Donna

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

2/4/18 Superbowl Ride at Bohall's With Donna

Postby Tawmass » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:14 pm

What better day to ride than Superbowl Sunday? No traffic, and like-minded people out exploring the outdoors!

My Wife, Donna, hasn't ridden in almost two years, so I had tuned up her KTM 200 to be quite perfect (after all, I am her factory mechanic!) and nothing was left for chance. We loaded up and headed out to Forest Bohall's place in Ruch. There was a gaggle of others out there also and the weather Gods had smiled on us. February and it's sunny - who knew?!

We started things off with Richard Rogers having some new boots. White is not a color that will last long, so I took a "new boots" picture.

We headed up the rough road for an obligatory group shot. We then took off to an overlook with Mike & Heather Mcbride and Dale in tow. It was a slow pace, but everyone was simply happy that Donna had gone out dirt riding again!

I sent the guys out to do some gnarly trail and took the girls to some cool backroads that had the fog rolling over the saddle. And at Isabelle Saddle, we met DougW and EddieS - small world!

We then headed up to the top of Mt. Isabelle and four other women hikers were also there. We exchanged photo opps and then took off back down from the top with Mt. Mcloughlin as a backdrop.

Upon returning back at Forest's place, we'd had an awesome ride and I'm so proud of my Wife to be riding after so long!
-Tom

https://vimeo.com/254560507 <----Click here if you are having streaming issues
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”