1/27/16 Trailriding On Timber Mountain

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

1/27/16 Trailriding On Timber Mountain

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:00 am

I hadn't slept very well the night prior and was ready to bow out of an invite to go riding, but NealP talked me into it, and I'm glad he did - was a GREAT day! Neal picked me up and we headed out to pick up MikeW. Both guys are great riders and wanted to show me some new trails in the northern section of the riding area. (On the way out, we had a discussion on Al Di Meolo's guitar playing, hence the background music on the video below.)

We took off and it was immediately obvious that it would be a challenging day due to the amount of windfalls everywhere! We pulled out my hand chainsaw, but one of the straps broke (picture below), so we were handicapped for the rest of the day. I should've brought my 200 with the chainsaw mount on the front! From now on I will at least bring a wood zig as a spare, once I get the hand chainsaw repaired.

Throughout the day, we only hit snow once up near Jackie's Saddle area, but it was minimal. I got smacked, not once, but twice with blackberry vines across my nose and I bled like a stuck pig - the brush is bad out there and there is plenty of trail clearing to be done! Some of the climbs I had done before, but it was much drier with better traction then, so this day wasn't bad for traction, but just below ideal.

At the end of the day we had ridden slightly less than 30 miles in sunny, almost 60-degree weather, but it was a focused ride and we knew we had gotten our money's worth. The forecast for the next day was 100% rain, and that's what we got, so was another great day to be out in the woods!
-Tom

<---Click the 'Vimeo' logo for a larger view and HD mode option

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Re: 1/27/16 Trailriding On Timber Mountain

Postby Ace! » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks for your hard work.
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”