New to Forum and New to State

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

kurt
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

New to Forum and New to State

Postby kurt » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:16 am

Hello All!...I am relocating to the Medford OR area and Love Motorcycles...all kinds...In fact, My friend and I plan on opening a small business that sort-of caters to the Dual Sport Enthusiast (not limiting myself of course). Any feedback to dualsport registration for the State of OR would be greatly appreciated. A little History about me...I am 37, ride an 05 WR450F...cant dualsport in California anymore and ride District 37 Enduros (still) and local Dual Sport Rides (used to anyway). I am semi-retiring from my current business (casters and wheels for industry) and wanting to get out of this nightmare state (CA). My friend and I plan on opening a Moto dealer near Medford, OR and as mentioned before specialize in dual sports...since many trails "close" certain times a year for off-highway registered only vehicles...dual-sport seems the best way to go. Anyway, thanks in advance and Ride-On!
Kurt

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:41 pm

You should get in touch with my old riding buddy in Medford. His name is George Flanagan. I think his phone number is listed in the book. Also, get in touch with the Motorcycle Riders Association in Medford. That is a "BIG" club involved in everything with motorcycles. George and myself are goint to "China Hat" dualsport ride on April 23rd. It is being held 25 miles east of Bend, Oregon. If you are interested get hold of George or myself. I live in Eugene, Oregon (but use to live in Medford).

"Keep riding"
Jim Loveall
Eugene, Oregon
(541) 689-4369 evenings

kurt
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby kurt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:53 am

lovalljm wrote:You should get in touch with my old riding buddy in Medford. His name is George Flanagan. I think his phone number is listed in the book. Also, get in touch with the Motorcycle Riders Association in Medford. That is a "BIG" club involved in everything with motorcycles. George and myself are goint to "China Hat" dualsport ride on April 23rd. It is being held 25 miles east of Bend, Oregon. If you are interested get hold of George or myself. I live in Eugene, Oregon (but use to live in Medford).

"Keep riding"
Jim Loveall
Eugene, Oregon
(541) 689-4369 evenings

Jim,
Thanks for the info...I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to respond. My friend Dave is in Medford now (I havent relocated yet) so we will take your advise and call him. THanks...as far as MRA...will do that too. thanks again,

Kurt

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:58 pm

Kurt: You might want to go to www.blackdogdualsport.com and check out all the links there. e-mail tom Niemela on that web site an he will direct you to the "Oregon Dualsport Riders". The above web site will get you to a bunch of people that ride dualsport (even side-car rigs ride in the 2 day Blackdog that is held in July). If you ever get to one of the scheduled dualsport rides listed on the "event calendar" you may be lucky enough to meet me. I have a 95 35' Safari motorhome and ride an old 85 XT 350 with spiderman on the gas tank. George my old buddy rides a DR 350. Enough said, Hope to see you at one of the events or. Jim Loveall lovalljm@ comcast.net

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:40 pm

Yeah, Kurt, what Jim said. You can see the Oregon_DSR link on my Links page - good group of folks. There's also plenty of other interesting links too. Hey, best of luck to you on your new biz in Medford!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”