Short ride report for 8/7/05 - Columbia Gorge

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Short ride report for 8/7/05 - Columbia Gorge

Postby Tawmass » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:56 pm

I needed an excuse to break in a new mill, so I loaded up my girly friend and we headed out from Milwaukie via back, windy roads, had brunch in Boring (it was boring :) ) and then worked our way to Corbett and into the good stuff. I spaced bringing my GPS, but at least I remembered my camera, since it was an awesome day.

We stopped before the Vista House for the obligatory Kodak Moment, then hung at the Vista House and made our way down by Latourell and the falls. Just after that I sighted a gravel road that went up, so we figured what the heck, and started our way up. It went up, and up, and up and up, eventually placing us on the upper plateau above the Gorge. The gravel road suddenly changed to new pavement and then we turned left making our way up to Larch Mountain, since I'd never been there before. Nice road and scenic, but the summit is incredible (after a brief hike). Too bad it was a bit hazy, but was still worth it. On the way up, the bike went on reserve - doh! So coming back down, we limped the thumper along and fortunately made our way to Corbett again for gas. After a water break for us and gas break for the bike, we wound our way on back roads through Sandy, down to Barton, Carver and then back home. All told about 120 miles of fun.

Oh, did I mention I bought a new bike? :D
-Tom

CLICK HERE to view the pix

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

So

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:44 pm

You and Ellen got a new DR 400? 650?
looks like a be utiful ride
wish i were there

humpin bulbs (job) at the moment ~ i so tied up boss mon

i be free to ride weekends
if i could just get up

whats up in november