Where was your last ride ?

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Hpyhilm
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Where was your last ride ?

Postby Hpyhilm » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:25 pm

I just got back from a nice ride upto Naches Pass .. Saw some clean up crews working the main roads. Quite a few dual sport folks up there along
with a few jeeps. Lets hear about your recent ride.

TumbleweedKTM
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby TumbleweedKTM » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:16 pm

I rode with our club at the Morrow County OHV area and the Winom-Frazier OHV area over the Memorial Day weekend. Despite the weather I think all had a great time. Morrow County has a great start on what will become a popular area to ride. This also makes a great base for going on dual sport rides as the area has much to offer outside of the OHV park. Two weeks before that I rode at Moab in Utah. Moab has to be the Mecca of off-roading and :lol: if you've ever been there you know why. I plan on going back again next May and hopefully can drag some of my friends along.
Ryan Taylor
KTM 520 EXC

TOGA
in third gear
in third gear

Postby TOGA » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:57 am

Myself and 10 others just got back from the most excellent D.S. ride I've been on. Did 935 (dirt) miles over 5 days. We all went first to Jordan Valley: we rode to Leslie Gulch; Pillars of Rome; Horse Trap canyon; Owyhee Mtn range; Silver City, ID (mining town); all over tons of BLM roads; went in natural hot springs; and to the top of War Eagle Mtn at 8,500 ft!

Then we caravanned over to north of Fields in the Alvord Desert. Went to another hot spring; all over the top of the Trout Creek Mtns; over Domingo Pass; rode on the Alvord lake flat that was 7 miles across and 18 miles wide (weird stuff); Rode in the Steens Mtns. It's awesome riding over there, and awesome scenery on the mtn passes, with more dirt roads than meets the eye!

There are hundreds and hundreds of off-road miles all over Eastern Oregon - right here in our own backyard!
"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!" (Groucho)

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:17 am

I recently rode the Heppner Dualsport and can attest to the beauty of that area, but the others have me drooling! :o I gotta go sometime soon...
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”