9/10/17 Butte Falls Dualsport Ride

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

9/10/17 Butte Falls Dualsport Ride

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Had a bad case of cabin fever and needed to get out, plus wanted to explore more for the next Dogface Ride, so met up with TinyK and DougW in Butte Falls for a little dualsport puttsy. This was Doug's first ride on his supermotard bike with bumpy tires. We met, unloaded our spark-arrested bikes and took off from the City of Butte Falls proper.

We didn't get very far until we found an abandoned and trashed car. Despicable! Fortunately the smoke had cleared enough that we could actually see things in the distance - a bit. We wound around numerous ways and eventually descended upon Fish Lake for lunch. The chipmunks were everywhere and not afraid of people - especially Tiny! One chipmunk even crawled up on Tiny's plate and stole a french fry!

I checked out Doug's new bike and was taken aback with the suspension settings - horrible! Doug complained that he had to stand up a lot and I could see why, since all the clickers were adjusted to full stiff! I spent some time and got his boingers in the ballpark and it must've felt like a new bike to him. Our return ride was almost completely new to me, other than another herd of cattle.
-Tom

https://vimeo.com/233326477 <---- Click here if you are having streaming issues

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dusty Sphincter
VIP
VIP

Re: 9/10/17 Butte Falls Dualsport Ride

Postby Dusty Sphincter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Dang Tom, Makes me SSOOooo mad to correct you, but that is a Golden Mantle Ground Squirrel, Taste about the same as Alvin.
Attachments
Golden Mantled.jpg
Golden Mantled.jpg (40.02 KiB) Viewed 7648 times

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 9/10/17 Butte Falls Dualsport Ride

Postby Tawmass » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 am

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”