7/27/18 Dualsporting Tiller, Oregon

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

7/27/18 Dualsporting Tiller, Oregon

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:25 am

The Wife wanted to get out of the smoke and go camping, so I thought I'd do some recon and head up to Tiller and South Umpqua Falls. I pulled out her DR650 (since the battery was dead on the BMG GS) and headed out. What a beautiful day! Once I got to South Umpqua Falls, I realized it was 1: smokey also and 2: packed like sardines in a can - people were everywhere! Come to find out it was an annual tribal pow wow, hence the reason why so many peeps were there.

I headed back to the Tiller Ranger Station (after seeing a Wig Wam, which are extremely rare!) and inquired about local trails and met the local OHV guy, Lance. Turns out we've met before and we had a long discussion.

From there I headed towards the old town of Drew via backroads and continued my ramblings all the way home. It was crazy the amount of fires that could be seen in the distance and the amount of firefighters taking naps in crazy places, due to them being so exhausted. Firefighters rock!
-Tom

https://vimeo.com/282100475 <----CLICK HERE if you are having streaming issues!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7/27/18 Dualsporting Tiller, Oregon

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:49 am

This was taken early AM the next morning and, as you can see, the smoke really has an effect on things!

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”