12/13/18 Dualsporting N. California With Tiny & Mark

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

12/13/18 Dualsporting N. California With Tiny & Mark

Postby Tawmass » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:17 am

I met up with Leroy "Tiny" Knight at his house and we headed to California to MarkK's place. What a great location he lives at, and check out his view of Mt. Shasta!

Mark's steed is a BMW GS1150, which is like driving a school bus off road, however he seemed to get along just fine, plus we were doing an easy puttsy. Tiny was on his [new-to-him] Suzuki DRZ400S and was pleased with how it was treating him. Wow, was it cold out! We wound ourselves around and took an old gravel road that paralleled the I5 corridor along the Klamath River, then we headed towards Yreka and explored some back roads there. We even found some old caves/mines and some spelunking is in order for the future.

We eventually ran into time constraints and lack of java, so headed back to Mark's for barbecued burgers and refreshments. I love exploring new places and this ride did not disappoint!
-Tom

https://vimeo.com/306439730 <----CLICK HERE to watch the video!

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

BertramS
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: 12/13/18 Dualsporting N. California With Tiny & Mark

Postby BertramS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 am

Looks like you guys had a grand time. The pics are fantastic. I actually thought one of the wheels was missing in one of the pics. I was like "oh no! what happened!?" haha
Here's a great introduction to mini excavators and what they're capable of.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”