Trailriding at Hood River

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trailriding at Hood River

Postby Tawmass » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Walt, Stevie Ray, Joe, Reckless Rick and yours truly (Frunk, we missed ya, Bro!) went riding in Hood River in some recently modified motorbike trails. I haven't been in this particular area in quite awhile, as I've been spending much of my time somewhere close, but not here. Today was EPIC! :thumbleft: There was only traces of dust and the trails were in pristine condition! I'm telling ya, it does NOT get any better than this! :ride (Scott, you screwed up, bad!) Stevie Ray's and my goal today was to get our suspension dialed (to get ready for the Adventure Enduro in one week!), so we spent a large amount of time focusing on that, along with adjusting everyone else's too, but it's all good, as long as everyone has a good ride. We also came upon some mountain bike jump sections that were awesome! Check out all the pix I took by CLICKING HERE! I took my helmet cam, but kinda forgot to take any videos - my bad, and sorry! :)
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:13 am

Where were you? The Jump and the view looks like somewhere up above Post Canyon on the West side.

I spent the weekend teaching the sidecar class. Didn't make any money-only had two folks, but they were nice people and the class was fun. Like you said, the recent rains got the ground damp enuf for good traction and almost no dust, but the weather Saturday was perfect!

More pics. Tawm? I hope to get up there looking for mushrooms in the next week or two.

VW
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 am

VeeDub,
All the pix I took are on the link I posted above, and yes, you're right on the location. Been awhile since I've ridden in that area and it's changed a LOT.

Yes, it was a killer day. Don't forget you have Danno and I for a class next Spring, just forewarn us as to when.

Also, you want me to add a sidecar forum on here? Be happy to if you'd like.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:31 am

I will post the 07 class schedule as soon as I figure it out, and I will let you guys know.

A sidecar forum would be great, but I don't know if there is enuf traffic to warrant it. Besides,posting in the regular forums might get some of the other riders interested in the sidecar stuff.

Hey we clog up your trails on the ride we might as well clog up your forum threads here, eh?

Let me know next time you go riding up here, maybe I can join you, or at least spot you a beer and a sandwich when you finish.
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)

Sidecar and Trike instruction

adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:49 am

Hey Bud,
No worries, whatever I can do to help promote your gig. Keep on posting. Hell yeah I'll let you know next time, although this time was sort of ad hoc. Man, was it nice though! :D
-Tom

Return to “Dualsporting In General”