7/28/07 Ride Report (Mt. Hood w/Dick & Gil)

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

7/28/07 Ride Report (Mt. Hood w/Dick & Gil)

Postby Tawmass » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 am

My little brother, Rick (aka Dick!), came up with my Sister, Deb, for my big birthday bash. Deb also brought her boyfriend, Gilbert. On this Saturday, they wanted to go for a ride, so we got up early, packed all our stuff, shoe-horned ourselves into my little truck, and headed to Government Camp, unloaded and zoomed off.

I first took them by Trillium Lake - one of the most picturesque spots in the Mt. Hood N.F. Then I pulled them over to the Pioneer Woman's Grave, and to the start of Barlow Road.
ImageImage

We then rode the full length of Barlow Road down to Rock Creek Reservoir and to Wamic for petrol. Hard to believe there were a few signs left that the damn vandals haven't shot, painted or stolen! Then rerouted backwards on one leg of this year's Black Dog course up by Badger Lake, by Bonney Meadows.
ImageImage

Then it was just a fun puttsy back through the Tunnel Of Love and a view of Frog Lake. As always, it was another good ride!
Note: all my pix can be seen here:
http://tawmn.smugmug.com/gallery/3231370
-Tom
ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”