Who's going to the Pacific NW GS Rally?

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who's going to the Pacific NW GS Rally?

Postby Tawmass » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:49 pm

I know Jimbo's going, but is anyone else? This is the rally that Luca "Gimpster" is hosting at this URL:

www.pnwgsrally.com

Looks like big fun! Would be a blast to hang with Jimmy Lewis too!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

Postby Guaglione » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:14 pm

Whoooo HOOOOOOO

Tom, Thanks for posting this.

Yes, come one, come all!!

Here's the sales pitch:

The 2007 Pacific Northwest GS Adventure Rally is a little under a week away. We still have space available for people who want to come out for the rally. All the spaces for Jimmy Lewis's clinics are taken, but we are now also offering two free novice GS clinics.

For entertainment, we'll have Jimmy Lewis doing a presentation on riding the Dakar for the BMW factory team. We'll also have Mike Paull of Globeriders giving one of his fascinating presentations about world travel.

We are proud to welcome URal Russian motorcycles as sponsors. URal will be there Friday through Sunday with 2 of their 2 wheel drive sidecar rigs available for demo rides.

We'll have a tire plugging and repair seminar courtesy of BestRest. Touratech USA will be putting on a GPS seminar, and Mike Paull will be giving a presentation on packing and prepping for adventure touring.

Last year we gave away an Arai XD, a Garmin 376C, a pair of TKC-80's, Cycle pumps, and lots of other great gear. This year we have a full Kilimanjaro riding suit from First Gear. Rok-Straps, waterproofing from Nik-Wax, Cycle Pumps, a Toutatech USA gift certificate and other great prizes.

For meals, we are going to have a whole roast hog on Friday night, the Raymond Firefighters are back on Saturday with their salmon barbeque. We'll also have an oyster bar, and we'll be pouring Manny's at a amazing low price per cup.

And of course, we'll have some great rides mapped out. We've been out scouting routes in the area.

The cost per person for the four day event is $135.00. If you can only make it out Friday through Sunday, we've added a 3 day option for $100.00. Remember, once you've signed up, all you need is your camping gear, gas money, and some pocket change for "adult" beverages. We've got everything else covered!!!

So, go to our website, www.pnwgsrally.com and sign up!

We look forward to seeing you in Menlo.
2002 Honda XR650R
2005 BMW R1150GS Adventure
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

Schedule up

Postby Guaglione » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:12 pm

Hey everyone, just a quick note to let you know that we have updated our website to include a schedule of events and some GPS routes for downloading.

Check it all out.

Cheers,

Luca
2002 Honda XR650R

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:09 am

I'm going too :D

Me and Jimmy go back along way - he just doesn't remember me is all :shock:

I can't wait - In fact I'm nearly all packed and could leave today \:D/

Dave

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

pictures are up!

Postby Guaglione » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 am

Hey Everyone,

Dakar Dave took some great shots of the rally. You can check them out here.
It was a great rally!!

Luca
2002 Honda XR650R

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 am

Yeah, saw those, Luca, plus Jimbo went to it also. Sounds like it was a sweet event! Will try to tackle it next year!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”