2008-7-4 Independence Day Party & 'Car'nage!

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

2008-7-4 Independence Day Party & 'Car'nage!

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:45 am

This was a busy weekend! I got invited for various parties, riding opps, etc. and here's what I did on July 4th. Headed out to Rick & Kim's super-secret location on my old dualsport bike and brought a dessert for the food table. When I got there (never been before), they were already driving two track cars around the crooked, 1.5-mile dirt track, giving E-Ticket rides to various people, plus the neighbor kids were on their quads and dirtbikes.
ImageImage

Eventually I got the offer of going around the track with Rick in his track car - how could I say no? So I buckled in, fired up the camera and we took off! Here's Rick and a pic of a piece of the track where we were down to about 70mph!

And here are a couple videos I took while inside the car. The first one is in Rick's souped-up car, but it started to overheat, so the second video is inside one of Rick's backup cars.
VIDEO ONE
VIDEO TWO

Man, that was a blast! The videos really don't show it, but we were hauling tail! Of course, many of the usual suspects were there, like Dave, Kevin (about to get nipped by Frank's Devil Dogs) and his wife Lisa, Terry, Dave, and of course the neighbors.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

In Rick's last outing of his backup car, he got a flat, so the track car rides were over, but it was getting dark anyways.

Then it was almost time for the fireworks display, but not before Rick did one last outing on the neighbor's quad.
ImageImage

Then it was time for the fireworks! Sorry, I had no tripod, so used the seat of my bike. They were great! And if you look close, you can see the neighboring town's fireworks display in the valley below.

Then Rick pulls out this cannon - yes, a miniature cannon! Holy crap was that loud, and look at the size of flame that came out of that bad boy! My ears are still ringing the next day!

Many thanks for Rick & Kim's housepitality - we all had a wonderful time! To view all the pictures I took, you can CLICK HERE.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”