First snow of the season

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

RIDER
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

First snow of the season

Postby RIDER » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:50 am

It looked pretty good as I rolled out of Rockaway Beach, headed for Hembre ridge road. Sunny and 50 degrees. When I got to Kansas Creek cutoff I saw the first snow, and decided instead of heading for Jordan creek, Id head south to the Trask river and stay a little lower. Got to the Trask and couldnt help myself so I headed east passing 5 or 6 other D/S riders headed down the river. I passed Hollywood, and headed up the BSM road, passing alot of elk hunters along the way. Most were friendly and waved, but I got a couple of dirty looks. During hunting season I try to stay on the main logging roads and give the hunters the trails. I share. Anyway, my plan of staying lower worked until I started riding a little higher (naturally), and found myself in about 2 inches of snow. Glad to have heated grips. I pressed on only to meet Paul from Netarts on a V-Strom. In the snow. The guy is an animal. Certified. Anyway, I met pavement at Munson creek and hwy 101, and headed north towards home. Of the 6 or 7 bikes I saw all day, all were dual sport. Ive fallen into a pretty rough crowd. But I like it! Now, if you will excuse me, Im going to "Dennis Kirk" it for an electric vest. Ride safe, All! RIDER :arrow:
You can take the man out of the race, but you cant take the race out of the man. Dual sport tires suck!

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 am

Wow, thanks for the snow report and glad you had a good ride! Damn, was hoping the snow would stay away just a wee bit longer!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”