Switzerland Redbull Trail Fox

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Switzerland Redbull Trail Fox

Postby bin rydin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 pm

My son Nathan is over in Switzerland now for the Redbull Trail Fox

He Writes
"
"I'm in Switzerland for the Dakine Trailfox. If you do a search on Dakine trailfox or better yet Redbull trailfox you will see what the race is all about. The town is dead right now. I can't figure out when things are open. Today it rained Oregon style. Haven't seen the sky all day. Rode some trails with lots of wet roots & rocks & ladder bridges. Fun stuff. Supposed to get nicer next few days. Tomorrow night is a race at night on "the night trail" then saturday is more practice and another race. then sunday is some more practice and the long race from high up on the mountain. All the separate stages are added together at the end of the weekend and the lowest points wins.

I worked all day monday (he lives in Ashland) drove to Portland monday night gettings there at midnight, got up 4hours later to catch a flight to Atlanta couple hour layover then Atlanta to Zurich through what was a very short night. Landed in Zurich at 7am on Wednesday immediately caught a train to Chur (pronounced cure) and then hopped on a bus from there to Flims up in the Alps. Stayed awake the whole time.because that's what everybody told me was the best way to keep from getting jetlag. Pretty sure I got it anyway. I reverse the process and fly home on monday at around midday getting in to PDX that same afternoon (that should be interesting)"

You can see some of the action here in these short clips,
they got mud snow rain rocks & if that's not enough, a night ride...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusLlBG_4L0 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgYtW_6_Qs 2010

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Bin,
That's pretty damn cool! It's like enduros, but, well, DIFFERENT!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”