Tom Goes For A Tumble!

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom Goes For A Tumble!

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

The rumor is true - I got jousted by a limb.

Went in for surgery at 3pm 12/5/11, took 1.5 hours, all went well, titanium plate with screws, was obviously drinking fluids after, my lower-right scapula is still what really hurts (massive bruising, but nothing broke) more than collarbone, am home up early and feeling fine with Vicoden. Typing is a challenge with left hand (am right handed). :) Left-hand wiping should prove challenging.

This was second ride on new scoot after a half tank of fuel riding on previous weekend. Bike's fine and i'll stare at it in garage for a few months. For someone who rarely crashes, I did it good this time.

Video is here from Dugly (thought he was behind me, but was behind Scott):
http://vimeo.com/33198697

-Tom
PS: Russ, Gary, Donny & Mike - guess I shoulda rode with you guys!
Before
After
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Re: Tom Goes For A Tumble!

Postby RedMenace » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 pm

ow! Heal fast!
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Oh Boy, I have come close to that a few times, but Youser, you got the full joust, boy howdey. I like how they picked your bike up BEFORE they saw how you were doing, "Oh that's just Tawm, Hope his bikes alright, its new...".
By the way you might be able to get a refund from the surgion, looks like he left a small garden rake zip tied to your collar bone, or possibly he leaned over and dropped his comb in there before he stiched you up??? Good luck with the lefty wipe deal. Well sorry about the pain, heal fast and save some vicodan for me OK... You weren't "texting" when this happened were you?

BTW how is your new bike?

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 am

bin rydin wrote:BTW how is your new bike?

It stares at me each day from the garage in all its sexy glory. It's wearing a chastity belt!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 am

I hope your new ride has not seen the photo of you drinking, ah, the "lemonaide" in bed. Chastity belts only go so far...

I think we can blaim this whole "episode" on "Climate Change".
Because of the drought you were mislead into thinking you could go fast in the month of December, when actually everyone knows that in the Pacific North West in the month of December there is something known as the "Liquid Vortex" which reduces traction by an as yet undefined formula,
something like H2O+ DRT=SlickSlimeMud/monthof year in vortex X ethanolicwiskeythrottle X nudebike syndrome / precieved age_ability at time of joustbranch. The exact details of the formula remain a mystery because there has only been one dry December in all of recorded history. But I would say that you look like a victim of said vortex. I was reading in M/C Action that the new 2013 KTM's have joust avoidant plastic in addition to:new engine, new gearbox, new starter, new handlebars, new battery, new seat, new graphics, new olin boingers, new linkage/ non linkage / non shocks, new frame, new footpegs, new exhaust, new 7 valve head, new spokes, and as always new harder seat foam... Just a thought...

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

I think I found that Vortex Forumula!

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Yes, Thats the one I was thinking about alright. And you see how the formula ends, bike scratching up dirt with rider hanging from tree, yep that is a dead ringer for the NW December Vortex syndrome
Tawm, you are pretty amazing, but of course, being an intel agent, I figured you would find the formula, just don't tell the Canada border guys... about how smart you are, that is...We will have to keep that a secret.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:11 am

First ride back - felt good! (well, except for the water part)

http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=11638

-Tom

Return to “Dualsporting In General”