A Dualsport Weekend 3/3-4/12

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Dualsport Weekend 3/3-4/12

Postby Tawmass » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Last weekend ended up being a get-out-and-ride weekend. We've had large amounts of snow lately that's come down to the valley floor, so what's a person to do when he needs a riding fix, but nowhere to ride? Go dualsporting!

Saturday: Donna has a new Kawasaki KLX250 and relentlessly bugs me to go riding and put more break-in miles on the new bike. I'm of course happy to oblige. We decided to just go exploring and put in almost 80 miles just meandering south, visiting the Ariniello's, Hatcher's and hitting the Midway Bar & Grill for a burger on the way home.

Sunday: Donna was spending the day taking the Team Oregon Motorcycle Training Class, so I called up my buds, Stevie Ray Branstetter, Gordon Lawrence and Zane Stabley to go exploring. It was a glorious, sunny day - but cold! We headed down to Yamhill, then Carlton, headed to the old Flying M Ranch (home of the famous Trask ISDE National Enduro, now defunct), back up to Gaston and back home, totalling almost 100miles. What an awesome day! And when I got home, Donna said she killed it at the Team Oregon test - way to go!
-Tom

<<<<be sure to watch in HD mode!
The old Flying M Ranch Lodge.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

nightwolf
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: A Dualsport Weekend 3/3-4/12

Postby nightwolf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:51 am

Sounds like a great ride. I'd enjoy a nice ride like this. I have a Suzuki 400 dual sport and enjoy touring on hard ball or back road. I'm part of the IMC and am at RA1 (amr\dlitkie). If you're planning any rides, let me know. Thanks.
D. Litkie

Return to “Dualsporting In General”