Mt. Scott's Gary Lande Injured

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mt. Scott's Gary Lande Injured

Postby Tawmass » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 am

http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=13864

Many of you know Gary Lande, so just getting the word out. Gary was out with Gene Sigfrid, Stu Osborne and Jim Danielson working on their upcoming Mt. Scott Dualsport Ride this weekend, when Gary apparently tagged a tree with his right bars, which in turn sent him over the bars. Unfortunately his bike landed on him and commenced to devour him with a stuck throttle. Once the dust cleared and he was attended to by his fellow riders, he had burn marks on his hand and forearm down to the bone. He also got a huge, bone-deep gash from his shoulder down to his elbow and it sounds like the brake disc did that damage. He lost a huge amount of blood, but his fellow riders were able to get him attended to and he was eventually flown to Emanuel Hospital in Portland. It sounds like things may have turned worse if it wasn't for the attending of his riding friends.

Gary is currently in ICU at Emanuel and doing okay. He will need skin grafts and they don't know the magnitude of the burns yet. His wife, Debby, is doing okay, but having a tough time. Yes the dualsport event is still on this weekend at Gary's request. All positive thoughts and prayers sent his way will help.
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mt. Scott's Gary Lande Injured

Postby Tawmass » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am

Update: Gary was able to go home yesterday!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Re: Mt. Scott's Gary Lande Injured

Postby bin rydin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm

I am real sorry to hear about Gary's injuries. I saw Gene at the MRA' s Diamond Lake ride and he told me all about it first hand. The next morning at the Saturday start they had us skipping rope for the start points. Gene threw out his back skipping rope and had to go home. After that I decided that I would just skip the skiping and go ride and remain pointless but uninjured, it worked. Big rain threat for that ride did not happen, just settled the dust.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”