AMA member claims Yamaha Super Ténéré won in 2013 Series

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMA member claims Yamaha Super Ténéré won in 2013 Series

Postby Tawmass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:53 am

I submitted everyone's names, but nothing on the West Coast - yet. Hopefully this year!
-Tom

April 29, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media contact: James Holter
Phone: (614) 856-1900, ext. 1280
E-mail: jholter@ama-cycle.org
American Motorcyclist Association member claims Yamaha Super Ténéré won in 2013 AMA Membership Sweepstakes

Alabama's Ron Fluke wins bike in annual giveaway

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- American Motorcyclist Association membership has its benefits. Just ask AMA member Ron Fluke of Trinity, Ala., whose membership in the association won him one of the most versatile motorcycles ever made: a brand new Yamaha Super Ténéré, courtesy of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.

AMA members who joined or renewed in 2013 got a chance to win the coveted Super Ténéré. In addition, riders in the 2013 AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré National Adventure Riding Series earned additional entries in the sweepstakes. Independent auditing and accounting firm Plante & Moran of Columbus, Ohio, administered the sweepstakes.

"I'm really looking forward to throwing a leg over a modern motorcycle," said Fluke, who picked up his bike at Allsport Powersports in Decatur, Ala. "I have a lot of vintage bikes, an old Bultaco 250 Astro, an old 700cc Yamaha and a Yamaha XS 650 that I'm trying to make into a street tracker, but I've never ridden a modern bike. The most modern bike I've ridden was in the 1980s. So first, I'm going to just go out in the morning and ride the country roads around my house and get used to this Yamaha."

David Docktor, Motorcycle Marketing Manager of Yamaha's Motorsports Group, said "we're pleased that the Ténéré is being awarded to Ron, who is an obvious enthusiast, and who appreciates Yamaha motorcycles old and new."

"Adventure riding combines motorcyclists' loves of freedom, exploration and testing their limits," Docktor added. "The Yamaha Super Ténéré is built to conquer all of those challenges. We are certain Ron will put his new Super Ténéré to good use. For everyone else, we invite you to check out a Yamaha Super Ténéré at a dealer near you, or come see us at a round of the AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré National Adventure Riding Series."

Designed to ride for days, on and over just about any kind of terrain in comfort and style, the Yamaha Super Ténéré serves as the perfect inspiration for the national adventure riding series. The bike, known as the ultimate transcontinental adventurer, is even better for 2014 with a more powerful inline twin, electronic cruise control, dual drive modes, traction control, anti-lock brakes, an adjustable seat and more.

Fluke, a 17-year member of the AMA, says that he originally joined when he was younger to race flat track. Today, he's primarily a member to support the AMA's advocacy and government relations efforts.

"It's awesome that the AMA fights for motorcyclists' rights," Fluke said. "When a federal agency tried to ban small motocross bikes because of lead -- give me a break -- that was the silliest thing I had ever heard. It's great to have someone to fight those battles."

New and renewing AMA members are already earning an opportunity to ride off on a new Yamaha Super Ténéré in the 2014 AMA Membership Sweepstakes, and those who are participating in the AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré National Adventure Riding Series are improving their odds as well. Join them by visiting www.americanmotorcyclist.com > Join the AMA or by riding an adventure ride near you. For the 2014 season calendar, see www.americanmotorcyclist.com > Riding > Yamaha Adventure Riding.

For more information about the Yamaha Super Ténéré, see www.yamahamotorsports.com.

About the American Motorcyclist Association
Founded in 1924, the AMA is a not-for-profit member-based association whose mission is to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling. As the world's largest motorcycling rights and event sanctioning organization, the AMA advocates for riders' interests at all levels of government and sanctions thousands of competition and recreational events every year. The AMA also provides money-saving discounts on products and services for its members. Through the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, the AMA honors the heroes and heritage of motorcycling. For more information, visit www.americanmotorcyclist.com.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”