7/8/15 Applegate Dualsporting With Dave

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

7/8/15 Applegate Dualsporting With Dave

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 am

The last two times I've ridden with DaveR it has rained, and on this day it would be no different. I've decided when it gets too hot locally, I'll simply go riding with him and things will green up!

We left from Jacksonville and headed out towards Applegate Lake. We turned up Star Gulch and meandered around. Dave is a master of the area and knows it all well. We eventually descended to an old ghost town called Steamboat, where the cemetery had some great history. If you zoom in on the pic below, you'll notice it says "1896" on the tree sign.

From there we headed up and over Whiskey Ridge. Along the way we briefly talked to some local campers. Check out the pic below that we found from some kids for their dad, who must've passed.

Then we descended down towards Cook & Green area and rode a single track till it had windfalls across it. Will bring a saw back up to clear it when time permits. And what's up with all the trash out in our forests? Disgusting!

On our way back, I had to stop and take a few bridge shots - beautiful!

Yet another great ride with Dave, which included MUCH cooler weather!
-Tom

<<---Best watched in HD mode
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”