7/10/15 Dualsporting To Happy Camp Via The Siskiyou Crest

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

7/10/15 Dualsporting To Happy Camp Via The Siskiyou Crest

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:27 pm

It was planned. DaveR, TinyK and JohnC and I would all meet up at John's place to ride a lengthy dualsport ride to Happy Camp, CA and back. Dave assured us it would only be about 120 miles. Methinks he speaks with forked tongue. Speaking of the Davester, literally every other time I've ridden with him, it has rained. After this ride, he continues to deliver! I just may have to nickname him Mr. Rain-X!

We took off towards Anderson Butte via back roads, great temps and excellent vistas.

We soon stopped for a quick break on Wagner Gap, then continued on, as we had a long day ahead of us.

We eventually made our way to Siskiyou Gap after many breathtaking vistas, making our way through Wrangle Gap, and ending up near Dutchman's Peak.

We then descended our way into California with some rain, stopping at Alex Hole, eventually coming to Hamburg (with more rain) and made our way to Happy Camp. Unfortunately due to Obama and the environmental extremists, this area will probably be closed to monument status soon.

At Happy Camp, we encountered Bigfoot briefly, topped off with petrol, then made our way back to Oregon's Cave Junction. While in Cave Junction, who popped out of the crowd but an old riding/racing friend BruceZ from Grants Pass - small world! Good to see you and thanks for the jerky treats! We were running late, so hit the tarmac all the way home by way of Fish Hatchery Road and Hwy 238.

At the end of the day, my odometer totaled 226 miles of every kind of weather, but snow and sleet! Yet another wonderful day of riding in paradise!
-Tom

<<--- Best watched in HD/full-screen mode if possible
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

hillclimber
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: 7/10/15 Dualsporting To Happy Camp Via The Siskiyou Crest

Postby hillclimber » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Some of my favorite riding area. All those fire roads up Donomore meadows, Dutchman peak, Wrangle Camp, Wagner Cr, Mt. Ashland, etc.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”