A Dualsport In Southern Oregon?

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Dualsport In Southern Oregon?

Postby Tawmass » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 pm

If we created one, would you show? Not saying there's a lot to offer, but there's a lot to offer! Just want to see if it's worth it!
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

nthanhou
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: A Dualsport In Southern Oregon?

Postby nthanhou » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:47 pm

heck yeah!
Ned Thanhouser
Portland, Oregon

Blbrewer
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Blbrewer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Absolutely! It will be F'epic =D>

oregonGuy
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby oregonGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Yes, most definitely!!!

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Postby Ace! » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

I don't think there are enough places to ride in So. Oregon, j/k. Sign me up!
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:02 pm

\:D/ Oh Yeah I would love to do a dual sport close to home. There is good rydin over here on the coast but I would rather see something new to me more inland. I recognize some of the places in your photos, but never ran into that big shaggy guy. I would not mind doing some even 1 day rides several times a year based out of your area.

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:48 pm

:^o I thought you quit "ridin" ridin, we did not see you at the B Dog this year!!!!!!!!!!
Every ride is a Good One!!

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi Jim, Or should I address you as Sir sheet Head? Oh I signed up for the Black Dawg, got a good low number and all that. But I had a couple of problems. My newly rebuilt engine blew the head gasket just before the ride, then I slipped the disk in my back the weekend before the ride. I thought about just driving up there to hang around the camp and say hi to everybody and not riding, but ended up staying home. By the Fort Rock I was back together with my back and head gasket screwed back on ready to ride, but there was no ride to ride. You know that noise in my engine at the last Fort Rock? Turned out to be the cam chain eating the chain guides, puking them into the oil filter and starving the top end of lube, it was a rather expensive involved rebuild, but we are all better now. It is going to take more than a slipped disk and blown engine to keep me away from the black dog next year, I missed seeing you in your "yellow hat" with the little extra lawn sausage sneaking a puff behind the motorhome. I have been doing some riding down here on the coast and down into Humboldt & Mendocino counties And the bike is "like new" again, my back has its good and bad days, but always is therapeutic to ride. I sure missed seeing everyone up at the Black Dog this year, while I was laying around that weekend I was thinking to myself, Its Friday night and I would be seeing these people, take a night ride, see a few more people, then Saturday Morning getting up to the check in door, everybody with a coffee cup rolling on the charts, then over the teeter totter, logs, then getting lost off the chart for the first 20 miles, then back to camp to reset to zero, roll the chart to the proper place and try again. Alpha and OM ega, the first out and last out, hey "extra" miles. Usually by that point I would actually pay some attention to the roll chart. See a few zebras, collect some trail trash, then back to the well known ways into campground, kind of like doing Still Creek in the old Zig Zag days, yep the days riding is over. Time for a shower, beer, and wander around from campsite to campsite seeing how everybody's life went since last years Black Dog. Do the same Sunday, then Monday Morning go home and wait a whole year to do it again, what a world we live in. Curt Snider from Spokane came down to see me after the Black Dog and we rode around down here for three days. The little Toyota Motorhome decided it needed a new transmission just before the Rat Dog, seems it refused to back up anymore, so that put the kibosh on getting up to my first Rat Dawg. Looking back it would have given up had I gone to the Black dog because that would have been its next trip. Long story but I have been fixing things so I can ride again. Lee

Bazooka
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Bazooka » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:45 am

We would love to see a Dual Sport in southern Oregon. We road thru there this Summer on the Harley and all I could see and think about was it sure looks like some seriously great riding around here!! Camping, camaraderie and rid'n........Let's do it!! Cherie and I are in!! :D

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:21 am

Okay, we've heard from the riders, so we will have a ride in Southern Oregon!

CLICK HERE for more info on this event!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”