Rat Dog summary

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Do you like and will attend organized dualsport rides?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Undecided
No votes

Total votes: 3

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rat Dog summary

Postby Tawmass » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:01 pm

First I want to thank the gaggle of people that helped this event happen. There is NO WAY it could have been pulled off without their invaluable help and expertise. I always have a good time with these people. Trust me, I trust the following: Dan Hatcher (he's the best) and his girlfriend Dawn, The Juenemann Boys (all four of 'em: Milo, Dale, Warren, Mitch), Walt Koch, Frank Noe, Jim Dukes, Randy Beadle, Dave Klug, Barrett Brown, Beaverton Honda-Yamaha, Stevie Ray Branstetter, Cary Scholer and of course my girlfriend and kid. Was also great to ride with the ODF rangers, Kelly Foster and Lee Winslow.

I'll be slowly writing up an event report with as many highlights and gory details as I can muster. Will also try to include some great quotes from people. If you have some quotes, please send them. Do the same with any photos you may have.

Oh, I forgot to hand out the $100 bill to a random entrant, so a bunch of us (Jim/Sharon Loveall, Dave/Kim Butt, George Flanagan, Walt Koch, Frank Noe, Dan Hatcher and Dawn and Ellen) grouped up after Sunday's ride and picked a random name from the entrants. The lucky winner was little Mason Ginsman (he rode two up with his dad, Mitch)! Also, in my hurry to get out there, I forgot to bring this year's t-shirts, so I will plan on mailing them to all you pre-entry folks.

I do want to say that this may have been the last Rat Dog, due to the low turnout. Hey, I love finding routes and laying out courses for you all as long as you enjoy the ride, but the bottom line is I can't afford to pay for it out of my own pocket. Last year's event was around 50 people and I understand due to the torrential rainfall that occured. This year had a chance of showers and must have scared everyone away, as there was only 33 entries. Bottom line is 33 entries ( and thanks heaps for those of you that showed!) doesn't pay the costs of hosting the event. The Black Dog still stays within the black (close sometimes), so that will still prevail, but I'm having second thoughts on doing future Rat Dogs. I really tried to knock this year's Rat Dog out of the park, but unsure what happened. At least the Lobos had a better turnout, so that's good.

Anyway, vote on the poll above if you feel like it and we'll see what the future brings.
thanks!
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

or even three laughts?

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:10 pm

Hey, I love the Tillimuck area
I am just up to my eyeballs in lily bulb harvest from mid August through near Halloween
if you hold this event anytime else
like say spring?
i would be there
(not that that would amount to much) ` perhaps a laugh or two...

Danno
VIP
VIP

You're not just One!

Postby Danno » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:48 am

Lee, was your post a poem or a letter? I sometimes can't tell. :?

You are greater than the sum of your parts! :shock: Having you around is worth tenfold, both in campfire entertainment and sweep crew logistics. :roll:

Thanks for being there when you can.... 8) Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:29 pm

let us gather in prayer
and try not to giggle

ok sisters

you want to go camping
the end of october

its a poem pilot

i lead`i sweep
you giggle

FASTMIKE926
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby FASTMIKE926 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:12 pm

I was at the Diamond Lake 100 this year and could not understand why there isnt a higher turnout for Dualsport rides. I was a member of the Redwood Scramblers club and we put on a Dualsport ride in Klamath Ca. for 4 or 5 years, and we always sold out. Then Dualsport seemed like the next biggest thing, and it still seems as popular. The promoter for the Diamond Lake 100 said that he sent out over 800 flyers and had about 45 people show up. Its a shame.

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

Well ~ M ~ Dixon...

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:29 pm

old farts are getting older, and fewer and farther between
ole bonnie XR 250 meadowes is on her 5th rebuild
and seeing as she is nine years old
and my newest bike

my old 83 XR 217 "orange Dawg" has her tounge still hanging out
and her fender eyes are still panting
ole butt pucker hill drages her sorry rear drum brake

but tracktor trail was a thrill
bounceing across the watermellons
up to the lookout tower
down across the teflon rock creek

called goose
at 830 PM sweep
after 6 PM "lunch" at quasket
we creep

up the GO Road
and at mile nine
we go right
broken shoulder sneaker waterbar
left around we clime

and into Crivellie"s
for a muddy cold beer

one for all and all start your weedeaters
the redwood scramblers cut out the downhill to hunter creek
again...
and again

durn faceslaper

so ride your bike on a raft
and eat chicken upriver at 469 3505

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:44 pm

fast Mike, the MRA held the last two Prospect Rides in mid July, and I was there
call me and lets go rideing
if you are willing to wait at the turns
Lee, bin Rydin (not much lately)
awe schucks gul durn it...

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:55 pm

BTW "bonnie meadowes" is a really nice trail that tawm cleared out
a few years ago
you zig and you zag
perhaps you get off to wizz

oh my

that is a long whizz down there
isn't it?

better stay on the trail don't you think

but there is a lovely alpine lake later

seams some troll waz there with an attitudeinal compleXXX

humpty dumpty sat on a wall
humpty dumpty had a great fall
all the kings horses and
all the kings men

had scrambles eggs
for breakfast
again

Bonnie Meadowes
WFO
WFO

Postby Bonnie Meadowes » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:06 am

4 Danno

i useually tighten up the sum of my sweep parts logistics
and when i have time
i make them into
XR 250'S

FASTMIKE926
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

I remember Orange dog

Postby FASTMIKE926 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:52 am

The Redwood Coast was a good ride, I remember Orange dog what ever happened to her? And I am assuming you still have the reflex? I am riding a DRZ 400 Kicker that I converted to dual sport before California banned conversions. I put together a unorganized 130 mile DS ride a couple of years ago and ran through Rattlesnake/Cache saddle/Rocky saddle/Tractor trail up to Red mountain lookout. I took 7 guys and they were whipped after the tractor trail. I than ran them down the GO road to 199 and up Gasquet mountain through the Altaville trails and then trough in a 60 mile loop of single track in the Rowdy creek/ Little Mill creek area. (If you are a return of the Jedi fan you would remember the scene where there was the chase through the trees with the little guys, some of the single track is on the same trails that those scenes were shot on).

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”