The Rat Dog AMA National Dualsport & ADV Ride 8/16-17/14

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Rat Dog AMA National Dualsport & ADV Ride 8/16-17/14

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Am thinking about adding this as a AA option at this year's Rat Dog. What do you think? :D

http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=14987

-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
in second gear
in second gear

Re: The Rat Dog AMA National Dualsport & ADV Ride 8/16-17/14

Postby tdewitt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 am

I think it would be ok to add for those interested in bull doging their bike. Weather cool go for it weather hot go around for me. But I'm old fat and out of shape.
01 DRZ 400e plated
05 DL 1000 V-STROM

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:29 am

Am leaving tomorrow morning for the duration. FYI, the A courses are miles of single track trails of which most people haven't been on. Most non-dualsporters think that dualsporting is for wusses. Well, they haven't ridden OUR A courses, which are more enduro trail than most can handle! A-level riders should be advanced riders and on capable trail machines! The B courses are for standard dualsport bikes and will include a few easy trails. The C/Adventure courses are simply gravel and dirt roads designed for the larger adventure bikes and sidecars. The B/C courses are fun and scenic good times!

http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/rd_events.htm

If you've EVER wanted to ride in the Trask area, we urge you to come out!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
in second gear
in second gear

Postby tdewitt » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:04 am

Well the Rat dog is in the books. I had a great time even just riding the B course. I heard a couple guys did the A course on 950 KTM's holly cow I would like to have seen that.
Thanks Tom and all your helpers. See you on our next adventure. Terry
01 DRZ 400e plated
05 DL 1000 V-STROM

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:26 pm

The Rat Dog is done! For those of you that missed it, it would be an understatement to say you really missed out! Perfect weather (odd for Tillamook!), perfect traction, perfect scenery, etc., etc. Only one (odd) injury and Tony is on the mend. As we always like to provide, the trails were the best that you could find anywhere for the A riders! The B and C/ADV riders had some adventure too, but much easier! Thanks SO much for all the awesome volunteers and all the happy riders! Next year we promise even better, so tell your friends!

We have lots of pix, plus ones that riders took, so click on the picture below to check them all out!

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 am

Wow, check out Paul's most awesome 2014 Rat Dog video! He did a bodacious job with it!
-Tom

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”