FINALLY got the PRE-RIDE SHEET

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

FINALLY got the PRE-RIDE SHEET

Postby Danno » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:17 pm

Tawm reminded me :shock: I hadn't sent out any of this info. The riders packet, that everyone gets at sign-up, has this with it.

RIDER POOP SHEET

The “Scaredy Cat Adventure Tour” is a little different format than what you may be use to on your typical dualsport ride. My course is a road ride along the Highway 22 corridor or paralleling on back roads. All my checkpoints will be on Highway 22 at private businesses. The checkpoints will be on a 2-3 hour schedule depending on which one you’re at. There will be no chart for this part of the ride, just detailed maps. The tricky part for the rider will be arriving at the checks when they are open. This schedule will be somewhat lax. The town of Detroit will be the farthest point out and a halfway point with plenty of time to eat. There is also a gas station available, if necessary. Riders are on their own for lunch.

The checkpoints will be a bit unique. There will be scavenger hunt themes, light bike penalty check, vehicle safety check are a few planned. The “well prepared” rider could earn extra points. The low ball score will be a possible top five finish (to be explained and determined at the event). The best of five checkpoints will determine the score. At this time, there are seven possible checks.

There will be directions for optional back road rides. These will include maps and charts. Some of the longer loops are over 50 miles. People riding the longer loops will be missing some checks, but there are opportunities for scavenger hunt points to make up for this.

At sign up, riders will be given their number and map/chart packets. If a rider already has a number, we will change ours to match during sign up. Riders meeting will be at 7:30 a.m. SHARP. First riders out will be around 8 a.m. with last riders out around 9 a.m. (sign up crew has a schedule to adhere to) and finish cut off is around 4 p.m. If you are arriving late and want to join the ride, the first check is approximately six miles up the road at Mill City. You may join the ride in progress. Directions will be left at the Swiss Village.

8) ENJOY YOUR RIDE! ! ! 8)
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”