Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

Scaredy Cat is done.... for now!

Postby Danno » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:54 pm

:D :D Thank you everybody that came to my 1st NWT&T ride! :D :D

I had a bit of feedback, some positive, some negative. I think some things that would make this kind of ride better, were expressed. This type of ride is a map ride. The maps can be better. GPS info can be given in advance, and more. I will do more rides with this type of format and they will be exciting and easier in the future. Thanks for helping me learn! :?

In the next few days we will get the final results posted. I think we had some good pictures that will make the board, too. 8)

We had 35 participants. Pretty good for a first year. Also all our pre-entries showed up. Always nice to have everyone make it. No major injuries that I'm aware of. A few scrapes on some bodies and worst, on some plastic (that skin grows back but the plastic you have to buy)! :roll:

Vernon and Amy camped one more night with us. My son, Josh and his girlfriend Naomi, stayed one more night, too. Josh took me fishing at Detroit Reservoir and I caught a fish! :shock: Great weekend, thanks all, Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Great job on your first event, Danno! Sure hope all your time, money and sweat was worth it for you.

I've posted a few pix I took (a couple from JD too) for peeps to enjoy.
CLICK HERE to check them out!

-Tom

ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Scaredy cat pix

Postby RedMenace » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:54 pm

I am putting my pix up on my website at:
http://adventuresidecar.com/scaredy_cat_dualsport.htm
I am scanning some of them still, so it may be a couple of days before I have them all up. I will eventually post a ride report there too.

Tawm-may I use some of your photos for this web page? I seem to have missed the awards ceremony..... :oops:

Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:40 pm

Vern,
Of course, just be sure to give proper photo credits. So what's up with the fuel petcock? I must be missing something, lol.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Danno
VIP
VIP

Vern's Ingenious Fixes

Postby Danno » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:22 pm

I was admiring the way Vern had taken apart a screwdriver, to use for the shifter's missing bolt. The shaft was taped to the proper diameter and ty-wrapped in place, making the shifter functionable. Vernon had captured the moment on digital imagery. He was quite proud, and we were, too. His pretty little wife Amy, was even prouder of his fix of a poor running engine. She said, "why don't you get a picture of how you fixed the engine?" Vernon's picture shows the petcock turned on! :wink:
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:10 am

:lol: Thanks for the clarification!
-Tom

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:31 pm

Tawmass wrote::lol: Thanks for the clarification!
-Tom

We WERE on the right path, but sometimes we weren't sure we believed it-calculating the mileages backwards was a lot tougher than it looked, we lost the gear shifter and rear brakes and missed the last two checkpoints by about an hour and a half. Amy sez she wasn't worried until she saw me write the date and time and our heading on a business card and leave it in a rock cairn at the junction where we left the main route. It was just after that the brakes failed. They worked again after they had cooled off. We climbed out of a remote canyon on Halfway Cabin Road and the engine quit. We must have coasted about 8 miles before I realized I had shut the petcock off. Got a little rummy towards the end of the day....

photos and ride report here:

http://adventuresidecar.com/scaredy_cat_dualsport.htm
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)

Sidecar and Trike instruction

adventuresidecar.com

Arielle23
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: Vern's Ingenious Fixes

Postby Arielle23 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Danno wrote:I was admiring the way Vern had taken apart a screwdriver, to use for the shifter's missing bolt. The shaft was taped to the proper diameter and ty-wrapped in place, making the shifter functionable. Vernon had captured the moment on digital imagery meilleures mutuelles senior. He was quite proud, and we were, too. His pretty little wife Amy, was even prouder of his fix of a poor running engine. She said, "why don't you get a picture of how you fixed the engine?" Vernon's picture shows the petcock turned on! :wink:

I didn't know you could take a screwdriver apart. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”