GPS Files

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

GPS Files

Postby Danno » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:07 am

I've been putting together some GPS logs for the Detroit area for the '06 Scaredy Cat. I'm using Garmin and have files available. PM me on this page and I will e-mail info. I'm also working on a waypoint data base that could be manually loaded into other makes. See you at the 'Cat! Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:20 pm

You got some waypoints handy in a generic, non-garmin format? Inquiring minds want to know :-)
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Danno
VIP
VIP

GPS info

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:48 pm

Hey Vernon, I was hoping to have a Magellen data base, also. I've used both and some things I think Magellan does better. I won't have it done in time this year. The riders will have a list of locations where the Quiz Points will be. The list includes coordinates and roll chart mileages. Hope to see you guys there! Danno

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Re: GPS info

Postby RedMenace » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:02 pm

Danno wrote:Hey Vernon, I was hoping to have a Magellen data base, also. I've used both and some things I think Magellan does better. I won't have it done in time this year. The riders will have a list of locations where the Quiz Points will be. The list includes coordinates and roll chart mileages. Hope to see you guys there! Danno

OK. I will bring the GPS, but I am not sure I even remember how to use the damn thing. Maybe I will get lucky and win the G5 Saturday ;-)
Bike is packed -will leave tommorrow eve or Thursday early AM for Ramy Stroud's and should be at the park Friday evening in time to sign up for the C150. Amy will be down for that; I plan to run both the C150 and SCAT (but I may be looking for a navigator Sunday, depending on what my buddy, Scott, tells me tommorrow).

So are you and Tawm going to call Community Ed and sign up for the sidecar class or are you just toying with my affection? Nevermind- I am bringing the whiskey, ya tart! :-)
VW

Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)

Sidecar and Trike instruction

adventuresidecar.com

Danno
VIP
VIP

Class?

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:14 pm

I heard that Tom signed us up... I wonder if Tom knows?

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:18 pm

Well, I know who doesn't know, and that's Frank Noe. Yer right, Ollie, we still gotta 'sign' up!
-Beavis
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Danno
VIP
VIP

GPS Track Logs

Postby Danno » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:44 am

As I will be leaving Thursday evening for our camping spot at Lyons Or. I won't be able to pass my track logs on. Tawm has the info, so you can get it from him untill Friday afternoon. E-mail him and he will send it. See you at the Cascade 150 and the Scaredy Cat! Danno

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:28 am

Yup, after Friday afternoon, you will need to be able to transfer the files to your GPS at the event. Email me at: tawmn@aol.com before then.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”