Another Scaredy Cat Bites the Dust!

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

Another Scaredy Cat Bites the Dust!

Postby Danno » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:08 pm

Well, I can de-stress a bit now, we got this one done! I didn't really have that much stress, thanks to the good help that we are getting! We are getting some quality people involved with the NWT&T events, as of late. Again, much thanks to you folks... You are making it work. I'll post more later, I think I'm heading to bed. This will be the first time in over a week that I've made it before midnight. Remember our Rat Dog Ride is right around the corner, stay tuned for more... Danno :wink:
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Gary A
in fifth gear
in fifth gear

Postby Gary A » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Another fine ride Danno! You couldn't have asked for better weather either. Good choice of campgounds too.
Gary A
Salem, OR.

Danno
VIP
VIP

Campground choice!

Postby Danno » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:11 am

Gary A. gets the credit on the staging area. I wouldn't have found it unless you guys pointed it out. Something I liked about it was the fact it was affordable. I would like to keep pricing in check for the Scaredy Cat. I want to provide free camping for our participants and this helped. Last year at the Cascade 150 / Scaredy Cat the clubs had $500 invested for the riders camping needs. I'm hoping by keeping prices low (part of the reason I'm not supplying lunch) that we might attract more newcomers to our sport. We had about 5 this year! More to come later, Danno :wink:

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:42 am

Mad props on your ride, Dannarooski! Every comment I heard was that the riders enjoyed all the busting arss you did to set it up - good job, ya ol' boot!
-Tawm
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dale
in first gear
in first gear

Thanks!

Postby Dale » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Great job Danno :D

The Scaredy Cat ride just keeps getting better every year.

Dale

Danno
VIP
VIP

Thanks!

Postby Danno » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:57 pm

Thanks again guys, most of you don't realize how much your help and support did for me. I'm working on this idea that's a little outside the box. Your ideas and criticisms are making this develop. A little different pespective goes a long way.

Something I forgot to mention, at the awards, is the fate of the "Low Ball" score. Tawm rolled a 6, so that negated anything on low ball. I would like to have heard strategies if low ball came into play. This makes 2 years that "Low Ball" didn't happen. Maybe next year we should make 6 be 6th place.

I'm thinking the GPS support can be better next year with a few things that I'm learning. We'll see. Danno

billc
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Thanks for the memories!

Postby billc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:15 am

Thanks again Dan! My wife and I had a great time. This was her first time riding off-road. The EZ-EZ course you laid out was perfect for her. She can't wait to go again!
We'll be back next year for sure!

(Thanks for the exception Tom!)
Bill
05,06,07 Ural Gear-Up
4th. place @ 2008 Scaredy Cat

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”