Camping at Scaredy Cat

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

Camping at Scaredy Cat

Postby Danno » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm

It's official, we will have free camping at Fox Creek Group site again this year. We will be there Friday, Sept. 12th and Saturday, Sept. 13th and the ride is Sunday. For those coming early and would like to ride Saturday, I'll have roll charts from previous years rides. Come up to Detroit Lake and enjoy one of the most beautiful areas in this part of Oregon. Go to the Scaredy Cat main page for directions. I'll see you there, Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 pm

:lol: Hey Danno! When would you like Sharon and I to come up and help you put on the enfamous "Scaredy Cat?

Jim L. in Eugene
Every ride is a Good One!!

Danno
VIP
VIP

Camping

Postby Danno » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Jimmy (and everyone else) we have the Fox Creek group campsite for Friday and Saturday night. I will be there sometime Friday. I'll need to check on a few things Saturday, so I can finish roll charts before midnight! Danno

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 am

Yeah, don't be pulling a 'Tom' and working way late into the night!

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am

:( Danno: Boy did I screw up..... Sharon's class reunion is the weekend of the run. She already paid for both of us... so I guess I will not be coming up to help you.... If they do not have any thing going for Sunday I may drive up and help, but, I will let you know as soon as I find out..... Sorry, old age and not reading whats on the schedule...

Jim L. in Eugene

bbtowns
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Help

Postby bbtowns » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 am

Danno, If Jim's not there what are we to be scared of? If you need help let me know, otherwise I plan to ride the event.

Bry

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:30 pm

:oops: Danno and everybody else!!!!! Sorry I won't be there and I do not know how you will be able to put this run on. Tom is in some other land, and I (and Sharon) will be attending her 50th class reunion. You better take the week off to set this on up. Wish you luck and maybe next year it will be a better ride.......

Jim L. in Eugene :( :argue: :cheers:

jorgemas
VIP
VIP

Scaredy Cat support

Postby jorgemas » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Danno, I plan to be there either sometime Saturday, or early Sunday morning, but most likely will show up Saturday afternoon. I will be in the "help/support" category. Anything specific you need, or need me to bring?

Mike

Danno
VIP
VIP

The 'Cat is getting close!

Postby Danno » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Everyone, I'm getting close to being done with everything I need for this year's Scaredy Cat. I spent all last weekend camped near Detroit Lake and have most everything in order. We will be at the Fox Creek Group site, again this year. It is dry camping with vault restrooms. I will have about an extra 20 gallons of water for bike campers or anyone that runs short. This year’s course will be shorter than the last few years and laid out pretty close to a normal DS course. The long loop is still around 130 miles with plenty of places to short cut or go longer, if need be. I also have a short 60-mile loop on the roll chart. I have some sections that I wanted to use in the last few years and couldn't, do to logging or other reasons. I have them in this year and they should be fun! The course this year is very "Big Bike" friendly but still interesting for the hard-core dirt biker. Plenty of viewpoints, narrow two track, and steep mountain roads! For all pre-entries, I'll have a GPS package being e-mailed by Monday. This will allow pre-loading of checkpoints, resets, and GPS "Quiz Checks" (a geo-cache style check that has a question.) I will be camped at Fox Creek Friday night, so for any questions, please contact me by Thursday evening. PM me here or call my cell, 503-407-2010. See you there, Danno

Danno
VIP
VIP

We're getting close!

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:17 pm

I was asked today about camping fees. I should have mentioned earlier that camping is free at the Fox Creek Site for everyone this weekend. Come on up and enjoy the good weather! See you there! Danno

bbtowns
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

See you there

Postby bbtowns » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 am

Danno, I just paid my dues, and probably will see you on Saturday eve. I may be camped up the road, but will at least stop by to say hey. Even without Jim, I imagine you'll struggle hard and put together a mediocre event. Ha! Looking forward to it.
Bry

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”