The '08 Scaredy Ride is Done!

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

The '08 Scaredy Ride is Done!

Postby Danno » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:07 pm

We had another good year for the 'Cat in the beautiful Detroit Or. area. We'll have ride reports and pictures coming later, but first I wanted to thank everyone that came up this year. We even had folks show up that couldn't ride but just wanted to say hi. You people, who are the riders, are the reason to keep putting these things on. I also wanted to thank the crew again. Susan and Richie King, Mike Moore (check crew), Gary Anderson, Dale Johnson (sweep and sign-up), and Dawn for heading up the sign-up and doing the scoring. Also, thanks to Debbie and Gary Lande for helping around the camp, and Bill Law for bringing copies and helping break camp.

Once again, we had some new riders. That is exactly why I wanted to do a ride like this. Almost every year we have a few people that are new to DS rides. I remember guys showing up 4 years ago at the first one of these. I keep seeing them come back to other DS rides and now they seem like regulars. Thank you everyone, Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Gary A
in fifth gear
in fifth gear

Postby Gary A » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 am

Great ride Danno! You even opened my eyes to a road I'd never been on. The one between Camp and Idana where you can overlook Hwy 22 and a couple of meadows down below. I hope I can get back up there for another weekend before winter sets in. Thanks for all your work.
Gary A
Salem, OR.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Congrats Danno, wish I coulda been there to help!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

atomicfuze
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby atomicfuze » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 pm

I really enjoyed meeting all of you, thanks for a great event and introducing me to Oregon riding. You can bet I'll be back for the next one.
cheers,
-Brian K.

hanksmybuddy
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Thanks

Postby hanksmybuddy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Danno...thanks for the hospitality and the GPS class. Glad I came even though I couldn't finish the ride. Once I got to Clear Lake I decided to head over McKenzie Pass towards Bend. Had alot of fun meeting everyone. Next year I'll be back. Let me know if you are still interested in that exhaust for the TransAlp. How does $50 sound? Here are some pics I took.

Thanks Again....Park

Danno
VIP
VIP

Thanks for saying Thanks!

Postby Danno » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Park, it was good meeting you and "Sold" on the exhaust! Contact me thru e-mail. We'll see if we can get this post put with our 2009 posts. Tom, can you help? You have some great pics and I think we should link to your S.E. Oregon ride, too! We'll see you out there soon, I hope! Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”