Scaredy Cat '09 Info

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 am

Tawmass wrote:You mean the editor of Dirt Rider Magazine, Jimmy Lewis? Cool!

Thanks again Danno and everyone for another great time! Agree Danno, it was another succcessful and fun event! I would just like to point out that none other than the legendary Jimmy Lewis DID IN FACT SHOW UP! The proof is in the pudding as they say (see him with Danno below at the Detroit checkpoint)! Clearly he enjoyed part of the Scaredy Cat too! :thumbright: Oh, and I think Danno and Jimmy got the Endurocross debate dealio worked out. :wink:
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

BumbleBeemer
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby BumbleBeemer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:31 am

So, how did Mr. Lewis do at the check?
:)
Jim D.
Beaverton, OR

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:45 am

BumbleBeemer wrote:So, how did Mr. Lewis do at the check?
:)

45 seconds on his big 1200GS!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:04 pm

From Park (he accidentally replied to last year's ride summary!.

hanksmybuddy wrote:Danno...thanks for the hospitality and the GPS class. Glad I came even though I couldn't finish the ride. Once I got to Clear Lake I decided to head over McKenzie Pass towards Bend. Had alot of fun meeting everyone. Next year I'll be back. Let me know if you are still interested in that exhaust for the TransAlp. How does $50 sound? Here are some pics I took.

Thanks Again....Park

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 am

So what was the best score for the slow ride test ?, anyone beat that 45 seconds - I usually make it to 4 or 5 seconds, so that's kinda like 45 seconds right ? :D

Dave

Danno
VIP
VIP

Slow Test Max!

Postby Danno » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 am

Dave, I put a limit on all the check points totals... All the check scores max at 50 to 60 points. Several guys hit the 60 second maximum time. I always figure if I can do it, they should be able to. It took me several tries and they only get one, though. I'm going to have a final write-up posted on this page, but I've been a little busy. I have an interesting take on how Don Newman got his score. He won the event, too! I wish you would have been there. We'll catch you on one of the next rides, Danno :wink:
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am

Hey Danno, just got my gift from you off Bryan yesterday :D I'll think of you while rubbing it on - which is probably illegal in some parts of the world :D

Thanks !!!!!

Dave

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”