Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scaredy-Cat Ride in Detroit Lake area

Postby Tawmass » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:29 am

[forwarded from Danno's original post]

Anybody interested in a easy DS ride in the Detroit, Mill City, Idana, area?

The ride will be for big bikes, side cars, two-uppers,Newbies, foot draggers, old people (that want to have fun) or anybody else.I'm thinking next spring but have to wait for the OMRA planning meeting.

We'll have a lot of check points at gas stations, restruants, or places that want us there. The ride sections will be 20-50 mi. with set times for the check points. We'll have more skill games than chance games. I'm thinking of a check that would scale the bike and rider(s) and give points for weight. Also we would have a lowball hand going at the same time that would have a substantial award. That way if you where having a terrible day you might still be in the hunt.

The course would go to vistas,waterfalls, lakes, and any place that has a photo op. We'll have gravel,single lane pavement, maybe good dirt two track. Probably no trail, but you could venture off course because resets will be more obvious.

I'm looking for input if anybody has expirence in this area. Dive, you were thinking of a ride east of Salem awhile back. Have you been up in this local and have any ideas? I need a place for a start/finish that has facilities (port-a-potties if I have to) and room for Motor homes and camping......... Danno....Thinking of calling it "Hatcher's Chicken Run" or "The Scardy Cat Ride" so as not to be too intimidating......
---------
Dawn and I went scouting up out of the Detroit area Sunday...What a beautiful part of Oregon! Saw some great sights and thinking of going back this weekend!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Danno
VIP
VIP

Scaredy-Cat Ride '05

Postby Danno » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:25 pm

Dawn and I went up to explore the Detroit Lake area Saturday Oct. 2nd. Found a neat loop possibility south of Mill City. We were hoping to come out on the south side of Detroit Dam, but the road was gated. We could still get through with an advanced section that would have the riders bulldog down the hill about 2000 feet vertical. The spectators would be yelling "Don't be a scared",or "Fraidy Cat", as the BMWs and Adventure Twins came cartwheeling down. Then there would be the carnage of the sidehacks....NNNAAAHHH... Just kidding. :lol:

I'm still looking for a start/finish that has plenty of room, easy to find, not too close to the Locals to be disruptive, etc. We talked to some ATV riders (local boys) and they mentioned an old mill that might be the same one that Die-vid Butt had told me about. I still haven't found it. I would like to keep the start on the west end of the ride, closer to Salem, with lunch being in the Detroit area.

Still got alot to look at and will keep you informed. I'd appreciate anyones input... Thanks Danno :wink:

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Is the date set yet?

Postby RedMenace » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:45 pm

got yer when and where nailed down yet? - I need to contact IMWA with the date change...
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:13 pm

Mr. Good Liver,

Due to ODF requiring Mt. Scott M/C to push their Simple Simon Dualsport out one week, the Scaredy Cat Dualsport has been officially moved up one week - May 15.
-Tawmus
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”