Sidecars at the Scaredy Cat!

Discuss the Scaredy-Cat Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Sidecars at the Scaredy Cat!

Postby RedMenace » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:42 pm

I was at the IMWA headquarters in Redmond, Washington last weekend. Gary Kelsey told me they were commited to be at the Black Dog in 2005. I told him about the Scaredy Cat and he said they would show for that as well!
While I was at the warehouse I got a chance to test ride the motocross factory special they brought back from Russia. Built on a two wheel drive Patrol frame with a slabsided 5 gallon IZH fuel tank, bobbed fenders and the sidecar just a platform with a vestigial bench seat and a bunch of grabholds for the monkey, this thing flat out rocks. It is about 200# lighter than the Patrol. Without a passenger or ballast it would be nearly unrideable. Step on the left footpeg and you can easily pop the sidecar off the ground. Put a passenger on and it friggin screams! You can use the throttle to square off the corners with the passenger hiking out like a sailor on a HobieCat, throwing weight way into the inside of the turn and keeping the rig flat on the ground as you rail around the curves! Did a dozen laps around bunch of warehouses last Saturday evening. Wet asphalt and empty parking lots. WOOHOO! Gary sez they haven't decided if they will bring this bike to market or not, but the response at the moto shows has been overwhelmingly positive. I hope the do it. This thing would kick ass at the dualsport rallies!
Last edited by RedMenace on Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Danno
VIP
VIP

Scardy Hacks Rule

Postby Danno » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:27 pm

The side cars are coming :!: The side cars are coming :!: No Tatoo, Its just that crazy Vern trying to get us HYPED!
Hey our date may get bumped a little but its all good :wink:

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:32 am

This is the prototype Ural Crossbike IMWA is testing. I think they will bring it to the Scaredycat and the Blackdog. Sounds like Vince or myself will get to ride it in the events!

Last edited by RedMenace on Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

adventuresidecar.com

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:41 am

adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:41 pm

Wow, Vern, looks like a blast! A pale, Yamaha in color, nice front disc and it appears to be 2WD. Can I get in line for a ride? :D

Hey, my little Bro went to the Cycle Show in SoCal and talked with the Ural guys. He said he struck up conversation with one of them and they said they rode the Black Dog. (Vladimir was the name maybe?)

-Tawm
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:31 am

Tawmass wrote:Wow, Vern, looks like a blast! A pale, Yamaha in color, nice front disc and it appears to be 2WD. Can I get in line for a ride? :D

Hey, my little Bro went to the Cycle Show in SoCal and talked with the Ural guys. He said he struck up conversation with one of them and they said they rode the Black Dog. (Vladimir was the name maybe?)

-Tawm

I hope to get my hands on it before the Rally Season. We should get together for that ride then, cause you are too busy at the rallies to get a good ride in.

IMWA will supply hacks to Vince and myself for several rallies in additiion to having at least 5 sidecar rigs entered in the Blackdog and the Scaredycat - which rallies in the series do you think would work best for the hacks? are there any we should avoid or probably would not be welcomed at(you can reply off list if you'd like)?

Sergey and Michael were the Russians who rode the Black Dog. I wonder if your brother was talking to Vladimir Yuodin? We met him at the Seattle Cycle show. I understand he is a motorcycle and sidecar racing champion and a national hero in Russia. He is also a co owner of the Ural factory in Irbit. You met another of the owners, Ilya Khait, at the BlackDog. Ilya is also CEO of IMWA(the import company for North America). He was the redheadheaded guy with the Russian accent who came to the rally with the Ural crew. He had a blast and is very excited about getting the sidecars more invloved in dualsport and, perhaps, enduro rallies in the US. Tom, you made a huge impression on these guys!

adventuresidecar.com

Danno
VIP
VIP

URAL,YA ALL,RULE!

Postby Danno » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:43 pm

V&V Racing! You guys will have a BLAST on those things...It looks so much more modern compared to all the Retro Hacks I'm used to seeing.. I've been busy with the Holidays, work, etc. but am still thinking the hack thing could work for me. Also I'm in the process o' changing my 'net service so my e-mail hasn't been on but should be soon...Tawm has helped a bunch by fixin' the old computer..I'll be returning mail soon.. :lol: Danno

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Hey Dan

Postby RedMenace » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:49 pm

Dan I am thinking we need to take you for a real sidecar ride before you lay out the course for the scardey cat-just so you know what we can and can not do with the rigs. Let me know when you want to do it.

http://www.imz-ural.com/downloads/movies/Gear-UpW.wmv

adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:02 pm

Dannarooni,
Take Vernster up on his offer - it's a gas!
-TN
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:36 am

Just don't eat 12 hours prior :D

Davester

Danno
VIP
VIP

Scaredy Course Layout

Postby Danno » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:28 pm

Vernster, I'd love to ride the Hack w/you. I don't think the Scaredy Cat ride will pose any problems with your sidecars. The ride will be easy (hence the pussy name) and will probably make the Simple Simon feel like a nail biter. I'd love to meet you up that way and have you help me find route options anyway. Keep me posted, Danno..

Return to “Scaredy-Cat Dualsport Ride”